Sunday, July 5, 2009

How do I set it up that when I click on an email link on a website it will open up yahoo or gmail?

When I am on the internet and attempt to click a link that says something like"email me here" or "email", it automatically opens up a new Outlook Express email. Is there a way to set this up that it will open up a Yahoo mail or Gmail email instead? I no longer use Outlook.





Thanks!
How do I set it up that when I click on an email link on a website it will open up yahoo or gmail?
I'm assuming you are using Internet Explorer. If not - the directions will vary depending on which browser program you use.





1) Click on "Tools" in the menu near the top of the browser window.


2) Click on "Internet Options."


3) Click on the "Programs" tab.


4) The second line should be for your default email program. Click on the down arrow to the right of that line, and choose which program you wish to use as your default email - in this case, either Yahoo or Gmail.


5) Click the OK button at the bottom of that window, and you should be all set.





You *may* need to close that browser window and open another one for the changes to take full effect.
Reply:fblecku-----I am soooooo glad that you asked that question!!! I signed up for a .net passport account, although I LoVe my Yahoo! e-mail and want that to be my primary e-mail go to -when I want to send an email! Each time I was sent to MSN Hotmail and it had been driving me nuts!!! I had gone to internet tools programs many times before however, yahoo! e-mail was not a choice!! I was getting so ticked off, thinking that I did not have a choice! So I just tried it again since reading your question and now I find that Yahoo! e-mail is all of a sudden there!? I belive that my solution was that I configured it recently in my McAfee Security suite, which I just updated and found it easier to understand how to set up my PRIMARY E-mail. (Which is my fav Yahoo!) Thanks to your question my e-mail is now directed where I want it to go! Finally my headache is gone!! Thanks!! Peace be with you my friend...kmj

No comments:

Post a Comment