Sunday, July 5, 2009

Opening link in new tab in Gmail, with Safari, OSX?

I have my preferences set so that holding command-click opens a link in a new tab in my current browser window. This works on every website except for Gmail鈥攊t works for links whose default is to open in the current tab or in a new window, and even with java applets. When I command-clink a link in an e-mail or anywhere else in Gmail it opens in a new window. However, it does work when I control-click and select "Open Link in New Tab." I don't understand why command-click isn't the exact equivalent of this action, nor why the only difference seems to be in Gmail. It's one of those minor annoyances that occurs tens if not hundreds of times every day and would like to be able to fix it.





I'm using Safari 3.2.1 on a MacBook running OS 10.5.5 and recall having the same problem on my iBook. I was able to get Gmail to behave the way I wanted to on Firefox, on a PC. I'm reluctant to switch browsers but not totally opposed.





Any suggestions? Or even an idea why this might be happening? Is there something in Gmail I can change (I doubt it)?
Opening link in new tab in Gmail, with Safari, OSX?
I have no idea why that would happen... It may just be something to do with it not being recognised immediately as a link when it's in an email...





Possibly, try switching back to the old gmail, but if that doesn't work, I don't know what will.
Reply:It's too bad Yahoo deems a question answered as soon as a single yahoo waffles about it and leaves it unresolved. I too would like the No New-Tab Command-Click in Gmail problem solved. Report Abuse


No comments:

Post a Comment