Sunday, July 5, 2009

I use Gmail. How can I get my PC to use it when I click on a mailto: link.?

At the moment, if I click on a linked email address, my computer opens Microsoft Outlook Express and prompts for the setup process. I would like my computer to go immediately to a new message in Gmail. Is this possible?
I use Gmail. How can I get my PC to use it when I click on a mailto: link.?
You can change this setting using the Google toolbar. Go to Options, in the Browsing tab check the Send with Gmail checkbox. The next time you click on a mailto link it will use Gmail as the default.
Reply:Click on your start menu in windows, then click on set program access and defaults which will appear off the right under control panel. This lets you pick which programs you use to open various things.
naming

No comments:

Post a Comment