Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I am trying to use gmail for my emails from links from Mozilla Firefox.?

I don't know if I can explain this right but here goes. When I am on a website in Mozilla Firefox, and there is a link to send an email, I click on the link and it goes directly to Outlook. How can I change this so I can send the email from my gmail address? Anyone know? Thanks for reading!


Sandi
I am trying to use gmail for my emails from links from Mozilla Firefox.?
I'm not familiar with Gmail, but Firefox (and every other browser, for that matter) invokes the default email client on your machine. If Gmail is web-based, that is, if you have to get and send email via a web page, you can't link to it from another web page.





Here's how to set your default email client with Windows XP.





1. Click the Start-%26gt;Control Panel menu item.


2. Click Add or Remove Programs.


3. On the left-hand sidebar, click the Set Program Access and Defaults icon.


4. Click the double-down arrow on the line with "Custom".


5. Click the radio button next to Gmail.


6. Click the OK button.





That should do it.
Reply:Howdy,





Here you go





http://lifehacker.com/software/email-app...

No comments:

Post a Comment